This is how my morning went.
Woke up to this lovely view out my window…
as close to a Pride & Prejudice sunrise as I'm going to get in Cruces
It remined me slightly of Pride & Prejudice so I decided that classical music was needed. Thank you Pandora (who actually played me some really good classical for once). But then it made the mistake of playing the Harry Potter theme which reminded me that …
THE DEATHLY HALLOWS COMES OUT IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!
via Google Images
AH! So excited for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I digress… Pandor continued it’s stream with the Peer Gynt suite which got me super jazzed up for breakfast. And while in the process of making breakfast it gave me more movie scores with Duel of the Fates from Star Wars. Loooovely. Here was my breakfast, in the form of a mini photo essay.
saute some mushrooms then add two eggs; scramble
place on top of a whole wheat tortilla (archer farms from Target it my fave) and spoon on some salsa
drizzle on some red chile sauce ...
... like so (use green if you are so inclined)
top with some cheese, pop in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt, and VIOLA! a wonderful breakfast
Morning Playlist (thank you Pandora)
- Ha Ha by Katie & Liz Davis
- The Kiss by Trevor Jones & Randy Edelman (The Last of the Mohicans)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, main theme by John Williams
- Star Trek, film score by Michael Giacchino
- Peer Gynt Suite for Orchestra or Piano by Edvard Gries
- Duel of the Fates by John Williams (Star Wars Episode I)
- The Tempest by Jennifer Thomas
- Symphony No. 9 in E Minor by Antonin Dvorak
- The Dark Knight, film score by Hans Zimmer
- Stabat mater for Z Sopranos by Gioachino Rossini
- The Winter by Balmorhea
- Minas Tirith by Howard Shore (Lord of the Rings: the Return of the King)
- Carmina Burana, Scenic Cantata For Soloists, Choruses & Orchestra: Fortune, Empress Of The World: O Fortune by Carl Orff (performed by Peabody Conservatory Wind Ensemble)
M and I went to Mountain View Market for their Fall Harvest Fest. It was sadly disappointing. So instead we went inside and bought Spicy Thai Chips and falafel for lunch. And then we attempted to make
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tartlets (Vegan)
….. I’ll post my photo essay tomorrow.
batman bowl of awesomeness
During our lunch and baking sesh Pandora, again, gave us another wonderful playlist. We opted for indie this time, since we had just come back from the co-op and were attempting to make a Vegan dish.
- Zero by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Consolation Prize by Phoenix
- Float On by Modest Mouse
- Swing Tree by Discovery
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Starfucker (best version of this song. EVAH)
- Barnowl by Caribou
- Mr. Pitiful by Matt Costa
- Fences by Phoenix
- Talk Amongst Yourself by the Grand National
- Girls & Boys in Love by the Rumble Strips (AWESOME song)
- The Seed 2.0 by the Roots
- Electric Feel by MGMT
- Up Up and Away by Kid Cudi (pretty much this song is about getting ‘baked’ still fun though)
- Stars by the XX
- Ceremony by New Order
- Run by Vampire Weekend
- Dance Face 2000 by Starfucker
- Weekend Wars by MGMT
- Crystalized by the XX
- Hear Skipped A Beat by the XX
- Questions by the Old 97′s
- Breath by Telepopmusik
M and I joked about getting our own cooking show and both agreed that it would go horribly as we always seem to forget an ingredient or something never comes out right and we end up making ‘that’s what she said jokes’, laughing hysterically and making a huge mess. Essentially, we have way too much fun to be put on national television.
The best part of my weekend, the one thing I had been anticipating all week finally came.
Ever since I saw my first SWQHA show last winter I have been eager to get on a Quarter Horse and learn how to work cows. Today was my first day ever getting to chase a cow from horseback. It was SO much fun! The English girl is dying a slow painful death in me I fear. Ha ha.
gonna go get me a cow
I started out doing the practice runs on Tequila, a cute little bay horse. Then for the actual competition I ended up switching over to Blue (you guessed it, a blue roan) who was awesome. (Sadly, no photos of this :( I find it ironic that he embodies my favorite color. I got my only complete round on him getting all the steers in at 1min 11 secs. Growling and yelling at the cows helps, I learned. Cow horses amaze me. I’ve always know that Quarter Horses are ‘cowy’ but to actually be on top of that and have the horse go after that cow is somethin’ else. They love chasing the cows, pinning their ears at ‘em and making them go where they don’t want to. I was out there for a about 4 hours. Pure awesomeness. Nothing beats some friendly competition with truly wonderful people. I finally made it back home to upload photos from the day and eat some more almost-vegan tartlets. Yum. I now leave you with my final play list from Pandora. Kudos to it for giving me several hours of good music.
RAWWWWR cow RAWWWR!
- I Run To You by Lady Antebellum
- Backwoods by Justin Moore
- Days Go By by Keith Urban
- Mud on the Tires by Brad Paisley
- Mine by Taylor Swift (there was much excitement over this. LOVE THIS SONG!)
- Kiss a Girl by Keith Urban
- You Belong with Me by Taylor Swift
- Chattahoochee by Alan Jackson
- It Just Comes Natural by George Strait
- 19 & Crazy by Bomshel
- I Can’t Stop Loving You by Keith Urban
- What Kinda Gone by Chris Cagle
- Stay Beautiful by Taylor Swift
- Can’t Live It Down by Dierks Bentley
- What A Beautiful Day by Chris Cagle
Too bad this weekend is over. Now it’s time to get back to reality. Can’t wait for my next awesome weekend!
My new pair of Nike shorts came in. AWESOME!
So photo booth flips photos. Still GORGEOUS!